Sevilla. Fiestas de Primavera 1932. Semana Santa y Feria.
- Small JPG 400px
- Medium JPG 800px
- Large JPG 1,200px
- Full-Res JPG Original Resolution
- Please be patient with high-res and bulk downloads.
- Skip to Item Info
- Sevilla. Fiestas de Primavera 1932. Semana Santa y Feria.
- Alternative Title:
- Seville. Spring Festival 1932. Holy Week and Fair.
The Seville Fair (in Spanish: Feria de Abril de Sevilla, "Seville April Fair") is held in Seville, Spain. The fair generally begins two weeks after the Semana Santa, or Easter Holy Week. Each day the “fiesta” begins with the parade of carriages and riders which make their way to the bullring, La Real Maestranza, where the bullfighters and breeders meet. For the duration of the fair, the fairgrounds are totally covered in rows of “casetas” (individual decorated marquee tents which are temporarily built on the fairground). These casetas usually belong to prominent families of Seville, groups of friends, clubs, trade associations and political parties. From around 9 pm until 6 or 7 am, there are crowds partying and dancing sevillanas, drinking Sherry, manzanilla or rebujito, and eating tapas.
- Spanish; Castilian
- 1 scan
- Digital Collection:
- Broadsides and Ephemera Collection
- Copyright Undetermined
- Rights Note:
- There are no known copyright restrictions associated with this item. Anyone seeking to reuse this item is responsible for assuming any risk associated with their reuse. Duke University Libraries kindly requests that any use of this item be properly cited.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection