Carl Frederick Buechner - "The Sacred Journey: Once Before Time" (April 4, 1982)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (2)
- MP3 Part 1
- MP3 Part 2
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Carl Frederick Buechner - "The Sacred Journey: Once Before Time" (April 4, 1982)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 39:34. Sermon end time: (Part 2) 16:43.
Based on the Lukan account of Jesus' entry into Jerusalem, this sermon explores the swell of hope in Jesus' kingship on Palm Sunday as contrasted with Jesus' grief at Jerusalem's lack of peace; it calls those who hear to consider the Cold War in their own time, and to hope and work along with Jesus for peace on earth. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
- April 4, 1982
- Buechner, Carl Frederick
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0062
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection