Charlene P. Kammerer and J. Michael Laidlaw - Remembrance for Victims of Beirut Massacre (October 28, 1983)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Charlene P. Kammerer and J. Michael Laidlaw - Remembrance for Victims of Beirut Massacre (October 28, 1983)
The senseless violence of the bombings in Beirut fill us with deep grief. As persons of faith, we may wish that God would step in and exact judgment but, instead, God asks that we participate in the work of healing by coming together. This act of coming together is an act of hope. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 21:12. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 28:10.
Key quotation: “For many of us, as persons of faith, we yearn for God to step in and bring judgment on those responsible for these cruel acts of inhumanity. But the God of justice rather demands our willing hands and bodies, and our committed spirits to be a part of the act of reconciliation, whatever the cost may be.”
- October 28, 1983
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0173
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection