J. Michael Laidlaw - "Unto Us... Yes, Even Us!" Christmas Service (December 25, 1983)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (2)
- MP3 Part 1
- MP3 Part 2
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- J. Michael Laidlaw - "Unto Us... Yes, Even Us!" Christmas Service (December 25, 1983)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 32:13. Sermon end time: (Part 2) 5:19.
This Christmas sermon claims that Jesus is the "clown of Christmas," the very embodiment of God's foolish and upending kingdom come to earth, so that God is found in the most unexpected places and celebrated by the most unexpected people; the sermon calls hearers to join the circus parade and praise God for coming to us, yes, even us. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
- December 25, 1983
- Laidlaw, J. Michael
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0186
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection