J. Randolph Taylor - "Renewal" (March 18, 1984)
No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Files (2)
- MP3 Part 1
- MP3 Part 2
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- J. Randolph Taylor - "Renewal" (March 18, 1984)
Renewal is not something we can make happen of our own accord; it is brough about by God. In the story of the road to Emmaus, Jesus reveals the power of his life, death, and resurrection to bring about renewal through a growing understanding, a growing hope, and a growing sense of responsibility. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 42:33. Sermon end time: (Part 2) 16:35.
Key quotation: “Archimedes said that if he could find the proper place to stand, he could by a lever lift the whole world. The New Testament dares to say that this is the place to stand, that in the life and death and resurrection of Jesus Christ is the one spot from which it is possible to lift not only the church, but the world.”
- March 18, 1984
- Taylor, J. Randolph
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0198
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection