Norman Neaves - "Don't Be Too Religious!" (March 25, 1984)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (2)
- MP3 Part 1
- MP3 Part 2
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Norman Neaves - "Don't Be Too Religious!" (March 25, 1984)
We should be careful not to become so preoccupied with religion that we forget our mission to the world. God does not want to be the ultimate reason for our lives; rather, God wants to be the source of our strength to love and serve a suffering world. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 40:55. Sermon end time: (Part 2) 23:17.
Key quotation: “We don’t have to have an answer for every question that arises. We don’t have to have a solution to every problem that presents itself. We only need to be human, vulnerable, broken with the world, and willing to suffer in the midst of a suffering humankind.”
- March 25, 1984
- Neaves, Norman
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0199
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection