J. Michael Laidlaw - "Who Will Water the Roots" (May 27, 1984)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (2)
- MP3 Part 1
- MP3 Part 2
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- J. Michael Laidlaw - "Who Will Water the Roots" (May 27, 1984)
Sermon start time: (Part 1): 29:12. Sermon end time: (Part 2) 02:06.
The yearning to know where we come from is a fundamental desire of humankind, and the same is true of us as a people of faith. To begin answering this question, we must turn to the stories of our faith in Scripture to find out the truth of who we are. At the heart of those stories we find God's unrelenting love for us. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “As a people of faith, we dare not ignore the literature of our faith…The stories must be studied, learned, told, in all of their chilling honesty, with all of their fierce transforming power, they must be told.”
- May 27, 1984
- Laidlaw, J. Michael
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0212
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection