Lawrence E. Johnson - "Set Free" (July 1, 1984)
No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Files (2)
- MP3 Part 1
- MP3 Part 2
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Lawrence E. Johnson - "Set Free" (July 1, 1984)
Sermon start time: (Part 1): 34:10. Sermon end time: (Part 2) 09:06.
While the Christian call to discipleship does not offer comfort or ease––the way of the cross is costly––it does offer freedom. We are all slaves to sin, but, through Christ's death and resurrection, we have been set free from these bonds. In this new freedom, we are able to speak the truth without fear of consequences and love our neighbors as ourselves. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “Through the grace of God, we are now free to love and accept ourselves, and to dedicate our lives to loving our fellow persons as ourselves.”
- July 1, 1984
- Johnson, Lawrence E.
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0217
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection