Haywood Holderness - "The Dimness of the Soul" (August 19, 1984)
Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Files (2)
- MP3 Part 1
- MP3 Part 2
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Haywood Holderness - "The Dimness of the Soul" (August 19, 1984)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 23:09. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 40:14.
This sermon considers the many causes of soul dimness--any kind of grief, exclusion, or sorrow that erodes our trust and hope in God--and prescribes for this sickness a remedy of the psalter, particularly the trust in God professed in Psalm 46; the preacher calls those who hear most of all to stillness and listening to the Spirit. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
- August 19, 1984
- Holderness, Haywood
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Ordinary Time
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0224
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection