Sue Ann Steffey Morrow - "Loving and Serving with the Saints" (November 4, 1984)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (2)
- MP3 Part 1
- MP3 Part 2
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Sue Ann Steffey Morrow - "Loving and Serving with the Saints" (November 4, 1984)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 23:37. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 40:21.
Opening with illustrative descriptions of Rebecca Caudhill, Father Chacour, and Amos Wilder and their everyday-saint lives, Morrow weaves the Shema in and out of her lament of the dead, her exploration of the authorship of Deuteronomy, and why the Shema, with its stories historical transcription still leads to a celebration of what it means to love God with all your heart, soul, and strength; she reminds the congregation they, too, are saints, and no matter what they do or life does to them, they are always commanded to love God. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
- November 4, 1984
- Morrow, Sue Anne Steffey, 1949-
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0235
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection