Walter Brueggemann - "Slogans - And Hurts Underneath" (February 16, 1985)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (2)
- MP3 Part 1
- MP3 Part 2
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Walter Brueggemann - "Slogans - And Hurts Underneath" (February 16, 1985)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 45:37. Sermon end time: (Part 2) 19:13.
As we transition between Epiphany to Lent, we are invited to ask what slogans are operative in our lives and what hurts they are covering over. Underneath the slogans are real hurts and our call as Christians is to enter into and attend to them, trusting that it is precisely in those places of pain and suffering we will find God's newness and life. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
- February 16, 1985
- Brueggemann, Walter
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0251
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection