Richard Lischer - "Lift High the Cross" (March 24, 1985)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (2)
- MP3 Part 1
- MP3 Part 2
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Richard Lischer - "Lift High the Cross" (March 24, 1985)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 32:26. Sermon end time: (Part 2) 8:49.
This sermon considers the banality of the cross as a symbol and attempts to reclaim the unique power of the cross of Christ as a testament to God's suffering with humanity; it calls hearers to recenter their theology on Jesus' absurd, specific, scandalous suffering on the cross. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
- March 24, 1985
- Lischer, Richard
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- John 12:20-33
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0258
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection