Margaret B. Via - "Let This Be Known to You" (May 14, 1989)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Margaret B. Via - "Let This Be Known to You" (May 14, 1989)
Sermon start time: 00:16. Sermon end time: 15:14.
The Pentecost story tells the drama of the living Christ making himself present to the whole world through the indwelling of his Spirit in the church. That same Spirit who empowered the disciples to preach and carry the Gospel to distant lands is still at work today in our lives and in our churches, bringing new life and healing. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “Pentecost is the miracle which breaks down barriers and opens up our understanding to the reality that the Holy Spirit is alive and operative in our generation, in our churches, in our lives, and in the uttermost parts of the world.”
- May 14, 1989
- Via, Margaret B.
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0434
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection