Debra K. Brazzel - Good Friday Service (April 9, 1993)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Debra K. Brazzel - Good Friday Service (April 9, 1993)
Sermon start time: 00:10. Sermon end time: 09:57.
God is always acting in surprising ways. But no act of God is so surprising as the salvation and redemption God brought about through the unjust killing of Jesus on the cross. On the cross, Jesus bears in his body the sins and suffering of the whole world, victims and perpetrators alike. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “On the cross, the one despised and rejected is exalted above all others. The one who is falsely accused bears the guilt of the guilty. And the one who is pierced, heals the infirmities of others through his wounds. God takes a violent, unjust murder and uses it to accomplish the salvation of the world.”
- April 9, 1993
- Brazzel, Debra K.
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Good Friday
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0634
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection