Richard Lischer - "Finding a Place for Love" (January 29, 1995)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Richard Lischer - "Finding a Place for Love" (January 29, 1995)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 4:12. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 26:13.
Based on the "love" chapter in 1 Corinthians, this sermon wonders if there are places in our world too messy for this kind of love, and concludes that it is in fact our calling as followers of Jesus to love in unexpected places; the sermon calls those who hear to receive the gift of belovedness from God and be transformed into those who can bring love into new spaces. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
- January 29, 1995
- Lischer, Richard
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- 1 Corinthians
- Chapter and Verse:
- 1 Corinthians 13:1-13
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0739
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection