Ruth E. Harper - "Listen, The Silence Speaks" (June 25, 1995)
Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Ruth E. Harper - "Listen, The Silence Speaks" (June 25, 1995)
Sermon start time: 07:04. Sermon end time: 29:31.
The preacher probes what it takes to hear silence and why we are so afraid of silence. We are called to listen to the silence and to not be afraid of what we may hear. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “Well, today there is not just one voice telling us to pay no attention to the powerlessness of the seemingly powerful. There are a legion of voices. And what we as Christians know, and what the world so desperately needs to hear is that there is a still small voice of calm that has the power to bring wholeness. And that voice is Jesus.”
- June 25, 1995
- Harper, Ruth E.
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Ordinary Time
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Luke 8:26-39
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0760
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection