Richard Lischer - "We Are Not There Yet" (February 11, 1996)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Richard Lischer - "We Are Not There Yet" (February 11, 1996)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 0:37. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 19:30.
Considering the demands of discipleship portrayed in the Sermon on the Mount, this sermon claims that Jesus' words, spoken in the context of relationship and grace, serve as a vision of the kingdom of God; it calls Christians to long for the fullness and abundance of sanctification rather than settle for mediocrity. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
- February 11, 1996
- Lischer, Richard
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Matthew 5:21-37
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0795
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection