Richard Lischer - "The River" (January 12, 1997)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Richard Lischer - "The River" (January 12, 1997)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 2:08. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 21:39.
Beginning with Martin Luther's question, "How can water do such great things?" the sermon explores the power of baptism to convey identity as children of God and part of the Christian family; it calls those who have been baptized to cling to their baptismal identity as both comfort and calling. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
- January 12, 1997
- Lischer, Richard
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0840
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection