James C. Howell - "To Live a Fool and Die a Sage" (August 17, 1997)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- James C. Howell - "To Live a Fool and Die a Sage" (August 17, 1997)
Sermon start time: 04:57. Sermon end time: 24:01.
The wisdom of God seems foolish in the eyes of the world. It is the wisdom of one dying on the cross in order to open up a window into God's heart. But this is the wisdom, as Christians, that we must seek. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “This wisdom of God stands as an eternal question to you and to me in terms of how we will live our lives. Will we be wise, which in the world’s eyes will seem foolish?”
- August 17, 1997
- Howell, James C.
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0868
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection