Karen Westerfield Tucker - Sermon Untitled (October 19, 1997)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Karen Westerfield Tucker - Sermon Untitled (October 19, 1997)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 0:10. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 18:39.
Preacher shows how Christ turns our understanding of power and what's number one upside down by his ministry and servanthood. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: We worship a Christ who is exalted in his humility and who bids us to take up his cross as the way to eternal life. As Christians, we follow the one who calls us to a life of sacrament, of risk, of servanthood. We may not be called number one but we surely will be called faithful and beloved.
- October 19, 1997
- Westerfield Tucker, Karen B. (Karen Beth), 1954-
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Ordinary Time
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0876
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection