John R. Claypool IV - "Taking Up For Thomas" (April 19, 1998)
No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- John R. Claypool IV - "Taking Up For Thomas" (April 19, 1998)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 0:02. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 26:10.
Thomas should be viewed as a model of truth lover that inspires us to ask, to seek, and to knock. Faith is not antithetical or alternative to knowledge or a blind leap in the dark but a sixth sense, an avenue to knowledge of spiritual reality, a response to the reality of grace. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
- April 19, 1998
- Claypool, John R. (John Rowan), 1930-2005
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- John 20:19-31
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0902
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection