Kenneth L. Nelson - "Matters that Matter" (August 9, 1998)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Kenneth L. Nelson - "Matters that Matter" (August 9, 1998)
Sermon start time: 02:06. Sermon end time: 19:21.
Nelson calls on the congregation to live their lives by preparing for the second Coming of the son of God. He tells them not to worry about and dedicate their lives to worldly objectives (e.g. "the rat race") but instead prepare and dedicate one's life to the Lord. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: "Luke's word is prepare. Prepare. Be vigilant. Keep watch, for the son of man is coming at an unexpected hour. This is a matter that matters."
- August 9, 1998
- Nelson, Kenneth L.
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Ordinary Time
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Luke 12:32-40
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0918
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection