William C. Gipson - "Keep Hope Alive" (October 11, 1998)
Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- William C. Gipson - "Keep Hope Alive" (October 11, 1998)
Sermon start time: 03:51. Sermon end time: 24:33.
Love begets hope and faith, but the trinity of these values must inspire Christian lives. Gipson asks the congregation to keep these values alive even in the face of difficult times for the sake of the people who may not have hope to spare. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: "It will not suffice to view faith, hope, and love as charming Greco-Roman ideals to be read about aloud at picture-perfect weddings. No, these are elements that sustain relationship and community long after the wedding party has dispersed."
- October 11, 1998
- Gipson, William C.
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Ordinary Time
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0927
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection