Marion M. Edwards - Sermon Untitled (January 2, 2000)
No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Marion M. Edwards - Sermon Untitled (January 2, 2000)
Sermon start time: 01:54. Sermon end time: 25:50.
Our hope in this new millenium must come from an awareness of the height and depth of God's love for us. This is no human, counterfeit love; it is a love that never lets us go, never lets us down, and doesn't let us off to merely pursue a personal faith. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “Where the star stood over Bethlehem, we are told that God has performed heart surgery on the human condition, and He has inserted a divine pacemaker into the human reality. The pacemaker is Jesus Christ. He has a heartbeat of love, and He comes announcing to all the world that at the heart of the universe is not something, but someone, and His name is love.”
- January 2, 2000
- Edwards, Marion M.
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0992
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection