L. Gregory Jones - "You've Got to Be Kidding" (January 23, 2000)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
- L. Gregory Jones - "You've Got to Be Kidding" (January 23, 2000)
Sermon start time: 01:13. Sermon end time: 19:46.
Jonah's anger at the repentance and reconciliation offered his enemies consumed him; it was a feast prepared of his own body. But God offers us a different feast, one prepared of the body of Jesus. In order to prepare ourselves for this feast in the Kingdom of God, however, we must change the habits of ourlives, casting aside hatred and bitterness and clothing ourselves in love through repentance. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “Repentance is a gift that comes from God. Because, when we see the real possibilities of life, we discover that we want to cast off the hatred, the bitterness, the anger, the sin that divides us, that separates us from God and from one another.”
- January 23, 2000
- Jones, L. Gregory
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-0995
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection