William C. Turner, Jr. - The Ordeal of Salvation (March 12, 2000)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- William C. Turner, Jr. - The Ordeal of Salvation (March 12, 2000)
Salvation is an ordeal. It is a process that occurs in three primary stages: 1.) Separation from the world that is under judgment by entering the ark; 2.) Living and being sustained in the ark; 3.) Going from the ark with the promise of God as guarantee. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 02:29. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 36:54.
Key quotation: “Seen from the ark, the world is not a place of luxury. Seen from the ark, the world is the scene of death. From the ark, the world is under judgment.”
- March 12, 2000
- Turner, William Clair, 1948-
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-1002
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection