William H. Willimon - "Our Advocate" (June 11, 2000)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- William H. Willimon - "Our Advocate" (June 11, 2000)
Sermon start time: 01:34. Sermon end time: 19:56.
This sermon discusses an important role and attribute of God—God being the Advocate in the person of the Holy Spirit. The preacher argues that God’s love is not only shown in giving Christians God’s righteousness through the sacrifice of the Son, but also in leaving Christians with a powerful lawyer, the Holy Spirit, to defend their righteousness. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “You need, when you stand before God, when your life is held up for divine scrutiny and your only possible defense is ‘guilty as charged,’ you need an advocate.”
- June 11, 2000
- Willimon, William H.
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- John 16:4-15
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-1017
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection