Samuel T. Lloyd, III - "Who Were These Magi?" (January 6, 2002)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Samuel T. Lloyd, III - "Who Were These Magi?" (January 6, 2002)
Sermon start time: 03:03. Sermon end time: 23:29.
Through the story of the Magi, we see that Christ is both the end of our seeking and the beginning of our new lives with God. Christ's birth calls us to lay down the things in our lives we used to control God and to "go home by another way," following him on unexpected journeys. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “A new kind of love that threatens our life patterns had come into the world. What the Magi confronted in the stable was an invitation to let go of the careful ways of managing God, and life, and wisdom, and to let this new birth of a God of love lead them new places.”
- January 6, 2002
- Lloyd, Samuel T., III
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 CS-1101
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection