Frank S. Hickman - "Out of the Depths" (February 12, 1956)
No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Frank S. Hickman - "Out of the Depths" (February 12, 1956)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 0:00. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 0:31:47.
This meditation upon Psalm 42 draws listeners inside a rich awareness of the depths of the human spirit -- loss, sorrow, fear of death, longing for meaning and security amidst a damaged world -- declaring that only the eternal God is adequate to these depths. Therefore, the preacher invites listeners to cry out from the depths just as the psalmist did, comforting them with the promise that God hears such prayers and in response offers us peace, succor, and salvation. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
- February 12, 1956
- Hickman, Frank S. (Franklin Simpson), 1886-1965
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Ordinary Time
- Biblical Book:
- 1 Corinthians
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-0016
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection