James H. Phillips - "Power to Become" (September 30, 1956)
No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- James H. Phillips - "Power to Become" (September 30, 1956)
If we are to realize the truth of who we are––creatures created in the image of God––then we must learn to direct our freedom toward the patterns of living that Christ laid out for us. Only then will we become who we were meant to be and be able to offer salvation to the world. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 29:31. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 1:01:44.
Key quotation: “Through Christ we have the means both to avoid freedom’s misuse and to fulfill freedom’s end. The power to become, it is our faith that the Christian can possess this power, but he does not create it.”
- September 30, 1956
- Phillips, James H.
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-0026
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection