Creighton Lacy - "Fear Not, Only Believe" (February 2, 1958)
No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
- Creighton Lacy - "Fear Not, Only Believe" (February 2, 1958)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 0:02. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 10:00.
Uses the example of Joan of Arc (the play) to preach about belief and un-belief. Explains that even in places where there seems to be un-belief (communist Russia, scientific spaces), there is always a belif in some sort of cause. Within our Christian faith, to belief is to exert the power to live, and to not believe is to hinder God's power in our lives. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: "For this faith is no mere intellectual assent to a creed, or to an historical fact. It is the power by which we live .Not only does faith lift us up, give us courage, enable us to act creatively, but also our faith makes it possible for God to act. And conversely, our lack of faith hinders the achievement of His will."
- February 2, 1958
- Lacy, Creighton
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-0043
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection