Howard C. Wilkinson - "The Tower of Babel" (February 23, 1958)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Howard C. Wilkinson - "The Tower of Babel" (February 23, 1958)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 1:11. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 26:16.
This sermon connects the Tower of Babel story to similar events in the present -- sending satellites into outer space, planning to put a man on the moon, harnessing the energy power of the sun. Urging modern hearers not to repeat the mistakes of those who constructed the Tower of Babel, the preacher nevertheless affirms ambitious, skyward modern projects so long as they are motivated by good will and service to all peoples, rather than by the desire to make a name for oneself. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
- February 23, 1958
- Wilkinson, Howard C.
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Genesis 11:1-9
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-0046
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection