Howard C. Wilkinson - "When the Cure Is a Disease" (May 31, 1959)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
- Howard C. Wilkinson - "When the Cure Is a Disease" (May 31, 1959)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 2:50. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 25:23.
3-points sermon 1) not every so-called cure is in reality a cure (not everything which parades as light is light, not all so-called solutions are in reality solutions. 2) sometimes the very effort to overcome a problem/ to cure a disease, has within it the seeds of a new disease, the ground of a new problem. 3) truth and solutions to problems come to us best when Christ is the source of that truth. Jesus Christ is the Great Physician, and those who would like to have a cure for disease that is lasting, and which does not have in it the seeds of new disease, must find that cure in Jesus Christ. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “Jesus came to a sick world, a world filled with problems, a world of which you and I are very familiar. We need His medicine, we need His light. He has it to offer, we may accept it freely."
- May 31, 1959
- Wilkinson, Howard C.
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Matthew 6:23
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-0074
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection