Herbert Henry Farmer - "Sharpen in Iniquity" (July 9, 1961)
No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Herbert Henry Farmer - "Sharpen in Iniquity" (July 9, 1961)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 0:14. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 25:03.
Modern Christians often find it hard to identify with David's overwhelming sense of his own iniquity. But though their sins may be less lurid, less dramatic, this sermon invites hearers to inhabit the awful space of David's words, "My sin is ever before me," that they might there truly encounter the living God, who does not despise a contrite spirit and a broken heart. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
- July 9, 1961
- Farmer, Herbert H. (Herbert Henry), 1892-1981
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Ordinary Time
- Biblical Book:
- 2 Samuel
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-0150
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection