Benjamin E. Mays - "In But Not of the World" (November 8, 1964)
No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Benjamin E. Mays - "In But Not of the World" (November 8, 1964)
Christian vocation is a distinct calling to be sensitive to the call of the God who is revealed in Jesus Christ and to treat all people with dignity and respect. In order to faithfully live out his or her calling, the Christian must be in the world but not wholly conformed to it. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 00:02. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 28:39.
Key quotation: “The Christian, in his vocation, whatever it is, is sensitive to and responsive to God’s call.”
- November 8, 1964
- Mays, Benjamin E. (Benjamin Elijah), 1894-1984
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-0272
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection