O. Kelly Ingram - "A Christian Sermon" (December 21, 1969)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- O. Kelly Ingram - "A Christian Sermon" (December 21, 1969)
While the virgin birth is not an essential doctrine of Christian faith it does demonstrate an essential doctrine of Christian faith, namely, that God has broken into human history in order to work mighty acts of salvation for the sake of humankind. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 25:39. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 58:05.
Key quotation: “The value of the virgin birth has not been in the ideal itself or in the event it signifies. Its value has been in the gestalt of truth that encircles it. The virgin birth is not an explanation. It is the affirmation of mystery and miracle.”
- December 21, 1969
- Ingram, O. Kelly (Osmond Kelly), 1918-
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-0503
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection