Philip R. Cousin - "Post-Easter Reflections" (April 9, 1972)
Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Philip R. Cousin - "Post-Easter Reflections" (April 9, 1972)
Sermon start time: 24:16. Sermon end time: 45:37.
A holiday is thought to represent abnormality in how we act. But if our normality is represented by conflict and our abnormality is represented by peace and good works, we should always act in a state of abnormality to make our "normal" based on service, peace, and equality. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: "If Easter makes a difference in us, it will be seen in what we are. And if business goes on as usual in Duke and Durham and North Carolina and in the United States and in this world, we won't take long to find out."
- April 9, 1972
- Cousin, Philip R.
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Week after Easter
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Mark 16:9-20
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-0613
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection