Lucy A. Austin - "The Christ Expected" (December 24, 1972)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Lucy A. Austin - "The Christ Expected" (December 24, 1972)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 20:05. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 39:16.
Encountering Christ does not always follow our expectations nor is it always positive, but it is always authentic in both seeing Christ and seeing ourselves. As such, Christ grants us freedom from ourselves and we should not fear seeing him. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “This is what an encounter with the Christ is all about—having the reality of God made present.” (36:51 – 36:59)
- December 24, 1972
- Austin, Lucy A.
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Luke 1:26-56
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-0645
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection