Billy Graham - "Finding Answers" (September 23, 1973)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
- Billy Graham - "Finding Answers" (September 23, 1973)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 27:53. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 47:45.
3 problems science hasn't been able to solve 1) the losing of our soul (individually and the soul of the country). 2) Our desires 3) the problem of death. If we confess these problems individually and corporeally, and enter into a relationship with God, our soul will be restored, our desires fulfilled and we will not fear death. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: "How can the soul of a nation or individual be restored? That is what Good Friday is all about…Jesus Christ came to die on that cross for a purpose, to restore our souls. When He died on that cross something mysterious happened. Something thrilling and wonderful happened. God took your sins and my sins and the sins of the whole world and laid them upon Jesus Christ. He became the world’s great sin bearer. Because of that cross, God can say to you and to me, you are forgiven!”
- September 23, 1973
- Graham, Billy, 1918-
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Ordinary Time
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-0670
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection