Letty Russell - "The Impossible Reality" (March 31, 1974)
Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
- Letty Russell - "The Impossible Reality" (March 31, 1974)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 23:21. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 52:54.
The seemingly impossibe of service becomes possible not just because it is a command of God but because it is also God's gift and it is God who also serves us and provides for us a model of how we are to serve. The impossible possibility of service is what leads us towards a life of freedom in which everyone wins (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: But I do know that in spite of all the devaluation and misuse and betrayal of the word “service” in churches and society, these words of Jesus continue to lead us toward a life of freedom. These words are about a revolution in which everyone wins, in which everyone finds a way of service and partnership on the road to human freedom.
- March 31, 1974
- Russell, Letty M.
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-0698
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection