Martha M. Wilson - "Can We Still Call God a Father?" (June 16, 1974)
No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Martha M. Wilson - "Can We Still Call God a Father?" (June 16, 1974)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 24:15. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 49:20.
On Father's Day, the preacher affirms that we can still call God "Father," knowing that that word, as all human words, cannot capture and contain God but can lead to a deeper knowledge of God. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: These words are about a revolution in which everyone wins, in which everyone finds a way of service and partnership on the road to human freedom.
- June 16, 1974
- Wilson, Martha M.
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- John 14:1-21
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-0712
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection