Robert T. Young - "Encounter with the Lord God Almighty" (February 10, 1980)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Robert T. Young - "Encounter with the Lord God Almighty" (February 10, 1980)
Sermon start time: 37:11. Sermon end time: 1:03:11.
The preacher reminds the congregation that God is always calling – to understand and hear this calling, one must not only be ready and receptive but also admit to one’s own sin and uncleanliness. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “How and when and where we see God really does depend on our readiness, on what we are looking for, on what we hope to see, on what in deed we are ready to see.” (45:12)
- February 10, 1980
- Young, Robert T., 1935-2009
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Ordinary Time
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-1073
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection