Richard Lischer - "Wilderness Journey" (February 24, 1980)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Richard Lischer - "Wilderness Journey" (February 24, 1980)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 39:16. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 1:05:11.
Through the story of Jesus' trials in the wilderness, this sermon explores how Christians face temptations that play on our sense of identity, power, and authority, yet claims that God has already given believers all the identity, power, and authority we need; the sermon calls believers to reflect on their own temptations and disciplines during the season of Lent. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
- February 24, 1980
- Lischer, Richard
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Luke 4:1-13
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-1075
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection