Charlene P. Kammerer - "Walking through the Valley of the Shadow" (February 22, 1981)
Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
- Charlene P. Kammerer - "Walking through the Valley of the Shadow" (February 22, 1981)
Sermon start time: 34:57. Sermon end time: 50:41.
We need to face that which brings us grief in order to move past it, and we need support in this process. One of God’s gifts is that being in the valley of the shadow does not preclude us from being comforted, even before we come to the light. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: “So in times of death’s darkness, what do we do? I believe that we have to face the darkness honestly, and we have to name it. We have to grieve. To mourn. To cry out before we are ever able to let go of life. I have come to know that the most powerful form of caring for people in a situation like this is simply to be there, to be present, to be close by, to be with someone. We do not have to be strong, we do not have to be courageous. We only have to be human in our fear and our loss.”
- February 22, 1981
- Kammerer, Charlene P.
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-1141
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseCC BY-NC 4.0
- Rights Note:
- This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the Creative Commons license indicated here. For more information see https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection