Rabbi Abraham Shusterman - "The Jew Speaks to a Troubled Generation" (November 7, 1954)
No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Rabbi Abraham Shusterman - "The Jew Speaks to a Troubled Generation" (November 7, 1954)
Shusterman urges the congregation not to take their American identity and way of life for granted because of its ideals of unity and freedom. He says that though different congregations and faiths are separate, there still must be mutual support and love for one's fellow man. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: "There is that way of life where each group maintains its integrity, but which there is the outreaching of hands and heart, live and to help live, live and to serve its comrades, thus is the American way of life an adventure of brotherhood, fellowship, and peace."
- November 7, 1954
- Shusterman, Abraham
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-0003
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection