Hugh Anderson - "A New World Beginning from Today" (December 12, 1957)
No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Hugh Anderson - "A New World Beginning from Today" (December 12, 1957)
Because we materialize and sentimentalize the Christmas story, we miss the deeper, spiritual heart of Advent. We must go deeper than the superficial and cynical and material stories we tell. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: It's a new world beginning from today when Christ comes, because he who comes into history transcends history forever and ever—as the abiding present. The Christmas story is not just a lovely story of the far away and the long ago. The whole new testament bears witness to the fact that Jesus the Christ couldn’t just be pushed into the past; he couldn’t be made a memory. He became for the men of the New Testament, and all men ever since. Eternal spirit and the abiding presence.
- December 12, 1957
- Anderson, Hugh
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-0041
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- No Re-UseIn Copyright
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection