Heather Murray Elkins - "Caught Between Christmas and New Year's" (December 28, 1975)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Heather Murray Elkins - "Caught Between Christmas and New Year's" (December 28, 1975)
This sermon elevates the role of servanthood in the Christian life, but carefully qualifies it, saying the servanthood God requires does not require self-immolation but rather a confident submission to the God of love. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Key quotation: "We can become servants...when we know that our value and worth is given to us by God and is not dependent on our having power and authority over people who have no authority or power."
- December 28, 1975
- Elkins, Heather Murray
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 RR-0810
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- Related Resources:
- See below
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection