Heather Murray Elkins - "The Song of Stones" (October 4, 1987)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- Heather Murray Elkins - "The Song of Stones" (October 4, 1987)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 22:15. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 43:43:.
In the midst of grief, we adjust to the silence of God but paradoxically in silence, we also find God. Stonyhearted, we are drawn by the lodestone (a rock that is naturally magnetic) that is Word which we can take to heart because it is no stone, but bread that gives life. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
- October 4, 1987
- Elkins, Heather Murray
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Ordinary Time
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0051
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection