David E. Jenkins - "Power and Powerlessness" (May 1, 1988)
Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
Loading the media player...
- David E. Jenkins - "Power and Powerlessness" (May 1, 1988)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 27:54. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 50:28.
To believe that Jesus is God's Messiah is not to turn Christianity into an individuated faith which is ultimately fruitless and otherworldly but one that is concerned with God's purpose and ends for this world by going against the streams of manmade culture and religion which is death-dealing and destructive of the earth as well as its people. It is to know clearly the difference between worldly power and powerlessness manifested iin God through Christ and to produce enough fruit to keep alive hope. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
- May 1, 1988
- Jenkins, David E.
- Liturgical Calendar:
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0079
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseEducational Use Permitted
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for educational and non-commercial use. This recording may contain 3rd party materials, such as music or readings that are therefore not covered by the license indicated here. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For other reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection