Chester Williams - "That Special Race" (July 10, 1988)
Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Files (1)
- Please be patient with media downloads. They are often large files.
- Skip to Item Info
- Chester Williams - "That Special Race" (July 10, 1988)
The Christian life is often depicted in Scripture as a race. This is a particular race we are called to, one of common struggle that necessitates we pick up our crosses and follow Jesus. Each of us also has our own particular laps to run in this race, so we must not get distracted by the races others are running. And, finally, in order to run this race with endurance, we must lay aside the heavy burdens of sin that weigh us down. We have this example in Jesus and all the saints of the ages. (Abstract created by Duke Divinity School staff.)
Sermon start time: (Part 1) 27:14. Sermon end time: (Part 1) 49:28.
Key quotation: “It’s not a race where Jesus must bear the cross alone, and all the world go free. That’s not our race. It’s a race where there is a cross for everyone, and there is a cross for me.”
- July 10, 1988
- Williams, Chester
- Biblical Book:
- Chapter and Verse:
- Duke University. Chapel
- UA.17.01.0003 VHS-0087
- Digital Collection:
- Duke Chapel Recordings
- Source Collection:
- Duke University Chapel recordings
- United States
- North Carolina
- Durham (N.C.)
- The Duke University Chapel Recordings were transferred to the Duke University Archives beginning in 1970.
- Limited Re-UseUnknown Rights-Holder
- Rights Note:
- This material is made available for research, scholarship, and private study. Copyright in this material has not been transferred to Duke University. For reuses of this material beyond those permitted by fair use or otherwise allowed under the Copyright Act, please see our page on copyright and citations: https://library.duke.edu/rubenstein/research/citations-and-permissions.
- Sponsor this Digital Collection